9th Annual Hockey Classic
The 9th Annual Classic will be held at The Bog Ice Arena in Kingston from 3/24/23-3/26/23. Cost of the tournament is $1500 per team. Tournament is open to all Law Enforcement/Fire/Military Teams. Each team is guaranteed 3 games. As in past years there will also be nightly entertainment at Tavern on the Wharf in Plymouth.
The 2023 Classic is now sold out. If you would like to be added to our waitlist please contact Sgt. Scott Morgan at email@example.com
Teams Registered for the 2023 Classic
Boston Fire Department
Rhode Island State Police
Massachusetts State Police
Anchorage Fire (AK)
Cape Cod Black Knights
Scituate Police & Fire
Old Colony Police & Fire
Aquidneck Island Police & Fire (RI)
Seekonk Police & Fire
Department of Homeland Security
Attleboro Fire Department
Cape Cod Police & Fire
CT Guns HC
Hull Police & Fire
Suffolk Country Sheriff’s Local 419
Franklin Police & Fire
New Bedford Police
Providence Police (RI)
Point of contact for the tournament is:
The 9th Annual Classic is being held from 3/24/23-3/26/23 at The Bog Ice Arena in Kingston. All Law Enforcement/Fire/Military teams are welcome. Registration fee $1500 is due no later then 3/1/2023.
Kingston Police Hockey Classic Rules
- Games are 3-16 minute run time periods. Last 2 minutes of game are stop time if within 2 goals. Penalties are 2 minutes.
- Slap shots are allowed. Checking is not.
- Teams must submit a roster to the Scorekeepers before the start of each game. Each roster must have the name and number of each player on the ice for that game. A roster sheet will be provided to the Captains for each game. Players must have played in at least 2 games with team during the tournament to be eligible to play in a Championship Game. Teams using ineligible players will forfeit the game.
- Fighting may result in expulsion from the tournament and each will be reviewed after the game with the on ice officials by the tournament Director. If any player has more then one fight during the tournament, they will be automatically ejected from the tournament. Any abuse of the refs or scorekeepers will result in immediate expulsion from the tournament. 3 penalties in a game will result in a ejection from the game.
- Major penalties will be reviewed by the tournament officials and could result in expulsion from tournament.
- All decisions of the Tournament Director are final and not negotiable.
- The tournament will be broken down into 4 Divisions (1, 2, 3, 4). Each Division will have 2 groups (Group A, Group B) of 4 teams each. Top team from each group will play in their respective Division Championship game. (2022 Division 1 will only have 6 teams, top 2 teams for that Division will play for the championship game.)
- Championship will be the top 2 teams from each bracket using the following criteria:
- Criteria: 2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 for a loss make up point total. The tie breakers are, head to head, goals against, goal differential (GF – GA = GD) and then coin flip.
- Ties in championship games will be decided by a 5 minute 4 on 4 sudden death period, then a 5 minute 3 on 3 sudden death period, then a 3 player shoot-out if the game is still tied. If the game is still tied after that, then alternating players until tie is broken. No repeats until the entire roster is exhausted.
- Individuals participating in this tournament agree to review the tournament rules and relinquish any liability against The Bog, Kingston Police Superiors Officers Association, the tournament director and the organizers of this tournament. All players must check in and sign a waiver before the start of the tournament. If a team is found to have players playing in a game who have not signed a waiver form, that team will forfeit any game that the player has played in.
- Team Captains are responsible to make sure all players understand the rules of the tournament.
Fire Fighter Roy/Lt. Menard Division
Blue Liners (NJ)
Sgt. Gannon Division
Hull Police & Fire
K-9 Kitt Division
Sgt. Chesna Division
Cape Cod Black Knights
- Point of contact for the tournament is:
- Sgt. Scott Morgan
- Kingston Police Department